The exam functionality will be available mid-term 1, 2023.
Draw on past VCAA or WACE exam questions to quickly create custom practice exams for your senior mathematics students with the Exam Generator.
VCE exams comprising multiple-choice questions can also be assigned online for auto-marking and access to reporting tools.
Watch this How-to video to learn how to create a practice exam or follow the instructions below:
Please note this video demonstrates the Exam Generator for VCE maths.
Teachers using our Western Australian resources can follow the same steps without the online multiple choice option.
1. Select the Assessments icon from the left-hand margin
2. Click Create and choose Exam. To create a multiple choice only exam for online marking select Online. To create an exam with written answer and multiple choice questions select PDF. (WA users will have PDF auto-selected)
3. Give your exam a name and select the Text, Area of Study and Subtopic using the drop-down options.
4. A range of filters can be applied to your search criteria using the drop-downs. Select Search.
5. Your search results will populate the left hand column and your draft exam will appear in the right hand column. To add a question to your draft exam, select the + next to the question. To add all questions from that page, select the + at the top of the column.
6. You can expand the view of a question with the ^ icon, delete with the trash icon or change the order of a question by dragging with the . Hover your mouse over any of the icons at the top of the right hand column for a tooltip describing its function.
7. Save your exam with this icon
8. Go back to your test and exam bank and check the box next to the exam name. You can copy, edit, share (with another teacher in your school), archive, print or access the answers. Online VCE exams can also be assigned to a class or group of individuals.
Sample PDF exam:
Watch our How-to video How to run an online assessment report.