The New Task Manager allows teachers to create a Directed Task, a Template or a Quick Task. Watch the following How to video for step-by-step instructions on how to create a Quick Task or follow the steps below the video.
- Click on the Task Manager icon on the left hand margin and click Create
- Give the task a name and select Quick Task.
- Use the drop-down arrows to select the text, chapter and section to draw activities from.
- The list of activities in this section will appear on the right and will look something like this:
- Check the box next to the activities required and click Next.
- The chosen activities will appear on the task line and look something like this:
- At this point, teachers can choose to add activities by dragging more icons up to the line, or simply assign the task.
- Click on the Assign button and select either multiple classes, a whole class or students within a class. Note: To multi-select individual students in a class, hold down control or command on a Mac and select the student names.
- Students will be notified that they have a task to complete and teachers can monitor progress by accessing the Assigned Tasks tab and clicking on Check Progress.